So, I've just been tagged in the 'Kreativ Blogger Award' by Lisa Shambrook (check out her blog...) so here goes...
1. Thank & link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the ten questions.
3. Share ten random facts/thoughts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven worthy blogs for the Kreative Blogger Award.
1. What's your favorite song?
This tends to change a lot, but Josh Ritter's "Wings" gives me chills every time.
2. What's your favorite dessert?
Cheesecake, every time. Honeycomb Cheesecake is incredible.
3. What ticks you off?
Disrespecting another's beliefs, opinion, or way of life. We are, each of us, entitled to our say, unless that way of life directly harms another person or yourself. That and racism.
4. What do you do when you're upset?
You'd expect a writer to say "write", correct? Surprisingly I can't write at all when I'm upset - instead, I play guitar.
5. Which is your favorite pet?
I have two cats, Selene and Solstice, who I could not be without. I'd probably go crazy with loneliness without them. I'll never forget my last dog though, Shadow. He's dead a year and a half, and was my best friend for a decade. Rest in Peace, buddy.
6. Which do you prefer: black or white?
Would you like a literal or philosophical answer? Can black exist without white? Good without evil? If so, then I'll say black ;)
7. What is your biggest fear?
Losing those I care most about.
8. What is your attitude mostly?
I'm a worrier, unfortunately. I'm quiet, shy, can become quite introverted, and self-conscious, though online I'm almost a different person.
9. What is perfection?
A house by the sea, with two cats and someone who loves me. A few novels published, a comfortable amount of money in the bank, and for one person in the world to finish my novel and think 'wow...my life is never going to be the same again'. But does perfection exist? All we can hope for is to get as close to perfection as is possible, with minimal heartbreak along the way.
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
God, there's far too many to even list...
The Random Facts:
1. Beginning from when I was a kid, I've wanted to be everything from an archaeologist, an astronaut, a palaeontologist, a videogame journalist, a psychologist, a teacher, and a writer. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life.
2. I gave up the dream of archaeology because I was scared of ancient Egyptian curses (I was 6, to be fair...)
3. I live in Northern Ireland, which can be nice...sometimes. We have an 800 year old Norman Castle in our town, perfectly preserved.
4. I want, more than anything, to go north and see the Aurora Borealis with my own eyes.
5. I am quick to fear someone will let me down, but equally quick to give people second chances. I place a lot of faith in people sometimes.
6. I've been working on my novel, in some shape or form, for 4 years (from when the initial idea struck me). I have two other novel ideas waiting in the wings.
7. I was vegetarian for ten years until last summer. Since then, I've been trying any kind of meat I can get my hands on. My favourite so far is either Kangaroo or Venison...
8. I struggle to write, a lot, and have little faith in my own writing ability. When someone gives me positive feedback I often disregard it, thinking they are just being nice, and I find it far easier to accept criticism.
9. My favourite movie is still The Shawshank Redemption. Can't get much better than Shawshank.
10. If I was going to change my name to anything, it would be Alexander. I don't know why.
No idea if these bloggers have already participated, but here you go!
http://anonymouslegacy.blogspot.co.uk/ - @angela_goff
http://dasiahasablog.blogspot.co.uk/ - @awkwardoptimist
http://jemcogdell.blogspot.co.uk/ - @jean_elaine
http://lilliemcferrin.blogspot.co.uk/ - @lilliemcferrin
http://2catchahummingbird.blogspot.co.uk/ - @2CAHummingbird
http://the-book-thief.blogspot.co.uk/ - @AGRMoore
http://arichmondwritemehappy.blogspot.co.uk/ - @write_me_happy